[sane-devel] Re: Sane on Ultra Sparc

T. Ribbrock emgaron at gmx.net
Fri Jan 10 13:39:52 GMT 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 01:46:55PM +0100, T. Ribbrock wrote:
[...]
> Hm. I am by no means an expert in any way, but I'd naively assume that
> this type of problem must have been encountered (and maybe solved) by
> other programs as well? I wonder how things like cdrecord or suchlike
> work on these platforms. Mind you, I'm just brainstorming a bit... :-}
[...]

While I'm at it (the brainstorming, I mean) - I had a look at the
cdrecord source - besides the fact the Joerg Schilling doesn't seem to
happy with Linux' sg driver :-} I noticed that he's got some code in
his scsi-linux with regard to misalignment, especially for non-ix86 -
could that be something? Shot in the dark, I know...

Cheerio,

Thomas