[sane-devel] New snapshots available: sane 1.0.10-pre2

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Fri Jan 24 14:44:52 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:56:18AM +0100, Andrea Suatoni wrote:
> 1) If HAVE_STRSEP and/or HAVE_STRNDUP are not defined, sane-backends _MUST_
> define in some way the supplied functions prototypes. The compiler must know
> that these two functions return char *, otherwise it will assume int and will
> issue errors when the functions result is assigned to a char *. I've moved the
> two prototypes in sanei.h, but maybe there is a better place for them.

Ok. I have added prototypes for all the functions that may miss on
some platforms now. The prototypes are added to config.h by configure
automatically. config.h is (or at least should be) included by every
source file so I think that's the right place.

> 2) The test backend had an incorrect comment suggesting that test-picture
> could assume the value "Color patterns". Instead, the correct value is "Color
> pattern": trying to use the wrong value makes xcam to crash.

Thanks for mentioning that one. There is indeed some confusion about
"Color patterns". However, something seems to be wrong with your
patch. Is it reversed? Originally, test.conf and the description used
the singular while test_picture_list used plural. So even if you put
"Color pattern" in test.conf there shouldn't be a segfault.

Anyway, I changed the files to use singular "Color pattern" everywhere.

The crash is a different (known) problem: input from the config file
isn't checked. It's on the todo list, but that requires more than a
one-liner.

I've also commited the bh and coolscan fixes.

See
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/snapshots/sane-backends-2003-01-24.tar.gz