[sane-devel] xsane/plustek timeouts (was: xane timeout if do scan after preview)

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Thu Jan 30 08:27:54 GMT 2003

Hi,

sorry, I didn't notice, that it might be  Plustek backend related problem!
Well, I aggree with Henning:
Try and update your kernel, there are some reports that there are problems
with older USB subsystem implementations, that way, that you have to replug
the scanner, when the system is up.
Next thing you should do is the debug output:
open a console and start xsane within that after setting the debug level:
SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=20 xsane 2>log.txt

Do this in separate directory, because you will get some calibration
data files (using the latest 1.0.10-pre3)

Send me the log...

Cheers
  Gerhard