[sane-devel] Canon Lide30: success!

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Fri Jan 31 12:04:08 GMT 2003

Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
> some historical stuff ;-)
> I started the Plustek backend two years ago after receiving a parallelport
> scanner (OpticPro 9636T). As SANE is rather plattform independent,
> I only checked in the backend ocde , and not the kernel-mode driver
> ( as this one is only for various Linux Kernels available) ...
> This kernel-mode driver, available at my pages on the web, is named
> pt_drv (PlusTek_DRiVer) and during its' installation it creates the
> /dev/pt_drv entry...

I don't find on your page (http://www.gjaeger.de/scanner/plustek.html).
Can you give me an exact URL? Or if you have taken it from your site
what alternative to use or where to get it?

> mknod is used to create device nodes!!!

I know what "mknod" is, I wanted to know with which parameters I have to
run "mknod" to create the device, but when I get the package, I can see
it there.

Thank you.

    Till