[sane-devel] MacOS X SCSI support and other changes in SANE CVS

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu May 1 17:16:50 BST 2003

Hi,

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 12:27:56AM +0900, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> gcc -ansi -o .libs/scanimage scanimage.o stiff.o ../lib/liblib.a
> ../backend/.libs/libsane.dylib -framework CoreFoundation -framework
> IOKit -lm
>
> But it told me "Undefined Symbol: _alloca", rebuilding after setting
> CPPFLAGS=-Dalloca=__builtin_alloca, then changing the link order again
> made it work.

Ok, I know what's wrong in this case. I had changed include/lalloca.h
because the sender of the SCSI patch wrote that it causes problems on
MacOS X. So please try to change the following line:

#if defined(__GNUC__) && !defined(HAVE_NSLINKMODULE)

back to

#if defined(__GNUC__)

What's the problem with the link order?