[sane-devel] .fr.po for 1.0.12

Irvin Probst irvin at irvinig.org
Tue May 6 00:24:16 BST 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 00:38, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> It's a highly technical expression so I'd leave it either untranslated
> or just translate "File descriptor" if there is a good translation.

Sometimes I saw "Descripteur de fichier", but it's almost as obfuscated
as in english. I think that it's useless to translate it, people who
knows what a "file descriptor" is understands it in english and it will
confuse other people either in english or in french.
Is "select file descriptor" used in a lot of sane backends or is it an
option hidden behind 3 popus and 5 keyboard shortcuts of an old
unmaintained backend ?

--
Irvin Probst
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary