[sane-devel] Canon FS4000 (USB)

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon May 12 22:10:11 BST 2003

Hi,

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 12:43:32PM +0200, Mariusz S. Jurgielewicz wrote:
> When I turned it on my USB mouse hangs.

What does that mean exactly? The computer runs ok but the the mouse
pointer doesn't move after powering on the scanner? Any messages in
/var/log/messages when you turn on the scanner? Does the mouse work
again if you replug it?

> Where can I find drivers for this film scanner?

It is not supported by SANE as far as I know:
http://sane.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=canon&model=4000&bus=any

I think it's listed as supported by vuescan, a commercial scan software:
http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm . BUt I have no experience
with this scanner nor software.