[sane-devel] Progress on CanoScan D1250U2

Phil Whineray pdw at slightly-cracked.com
Wed May 14 22:47:39 BST 2003

> This is great, despite I don't know if we are far enough for parallel
> tasking right now. Anyway, do you have a DSL line (and are you ready to
> receive huge transaction logs) ? Basically I am:
> - reversing the windows TWAIN DLL
> - getting USB logs from windows scans
> - creating perl scripts to parse/rewrite/extract useful information from
> the logs (and go back and forth with the windows disassembly)
> - producing a libusb executable which produces scans

Hi

I have 512Kb downstream, but depending on how much disk space we're
talking about, that may be more of an issue. I've about 15GB free, with
a 40GB disk currently sitting on the side if needed.

My firewall is set up to allow through ssh, so I can set up to allow you to
push logs if you want, or I can pull them.

What are you using for the disassembly? Is there much useful information
left or are you stuck with the horror of manually inferring structure
from the code directly?

Phil