[sane-devel] net/saned problems with EPSON backend

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu May 15 11:58:21 BST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 02:21:14AM +0100, Major A wrote:
> What do you think? What can I try next? Wherever the problem is, it's
> somewhere between saned and the net and epson backends, with some
> involvement of the frontend...

Find out who generated the error status. Does sane_control_option in
epson return SANE_STATUS good? Check if the status code sent over the
wire is SANE_STATUS_GOOD. Check if it's still ok in the net backend.
Maybe you need to add some more debug messages in the epson backend or
saned.

Does this also happen with the test backend? It also provides string
list options.

I don't think there is any special handling for string lists that
contain spaces in saned/net.