[sane-devel] Epson GT6000 parport scanner on RH Linux

Eric Mills eric at osiris.com.au
Sun May 18 11:54:32 BST 2003

Hi,

For some time now I have been trying to get my GT6000 working locally on
RH Linux (7.3, port 0x378). With both the standard 1.0.7 sane provided
and the latest 1.0.11 backends with .10 frontends, I get the following
problems:

1. Without debugging turned on the scanner appears to be reset upon
entering any front end and then the backend goes into an infinite loop.
Scanner puts up E-1 in the window after 30 seconds.

2. With DEBUG=128 initialisation passes, but the backend seems to decide
the scanner has an ADF with looney size parameters (0 length) which
cases an invalid parameter error on the first scan request.

Does anyone have one of these old parport scanners working in the same
configuration? Karl does not have access for any suggestions.

Thanks,
Eric Mills