[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2400 TPU problem

Roberto Lumbreras rover-sane at lumbreras.org
Sun May 18 18:17:30 BST 2003

Hi...

I need some help with the TPU of an Epson Scanner.

I'm trying to use the Transparency Unit of my Epson Perfection 2400
Photo (recognized as Epson GT-9300), to scan negatives. All I can tell
is that it doesn't work at all...

I've increased the timeout of the scanner usb driver (passing the
parameter read_timeout to the module), but nothing changes.

The scanner seems to start scanning, but xsane just dies after some
time, while the scanner continues "scanning". After that, I have to
remove scanner and usb-uhci modules and unplug/plug the scanner to use
the scanner again.

I'm using kernel 2.4.20 and sane 1.0.11 and xsane 0.91 (debian
packages).

Scanning with the "flatbed" source works ok. I've tried the scanner with
win98 and the scanner works ok (well, the software is horrible, I'm
still trying to get just the files saved!)

Some debugging output with SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128 can be found at
http://rover.thehackers.org/sane/
When the file xsane.out ends xsane segfaulted.

Can anybody help me?

Salud,
--
Roberto Lumbreras           .''`.