[sane-devel] epson 2450(firewire) crashes usb

Mon May 19 20:20:10 BST 2003

Hi,

I've just discovered that scanning crashes the usb system. What I get in
syslog is this message:

May 19 19:53:03 samantha kernel: uhci.c: a400: host system error, PCI
problems?
May 19 19:53:03 samantha kernel: uhci.c: a400: host controller halted.
very bad

Getting any more info is tricky as both my keyboard and mouse are usb.

It's probably been a couple of months at least since I last scanned
something so it's hard to know when the problem started prior to that
it's been working great for at least 6 months.

I'm running debian sid. 2.4.20.  libsane 1.0.11. The scanner is the
perfection 2450 photo. The crash happens after a couple of minutes of
use. It happens with both the uhci and usb-uhci. With uhci the scanner
continues to scan fine with usb-uhci it locks the scanner up too. I
don't have any other firewire devices to test with.

The command used is:

scanimage --focus-position 'Focus 2.5mm above glass' --source
'Transparency Unit' --mode gray --film-type 'Negative Film' -x 25mm -y
35mm -l 8.5mm -t 3.3mm  --format pnm --resolution 2400 --depth 16 >
filmNoir13.pnm

If I can give any more info let me know.

Thanks