[sane-devel] well, I'm a retrurning user of sane... got some questions.

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sat May 24 10:59:03 BST 2003

Hi,

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 03:53:44PM -0700, technomage wrote:
> I am using kmail in linux here,
> the reply to list (L) shows both the list and the author.

IMHO that's a bug in the mail client. At least in mutt that function
is called reply-to-group (or reply-to-all).

> I'm on quite a few other lists and they've often gone to the option
> of having "reply-to:" in their firlds because of the difficulties
> that not having it can cause with some clients.

That has been discussed hundreds of times. There are no new arguments.
That's why I pointed to the archive. You may also find some info by
searching for "reply-to considered harmful".

I don't really care this way or the other. If someone wants to change
the way the list operates, discuss that with the mailing list operator
David Mosberger <David.Mosberger at acm.org>.

It hasn't been changed the last five years so either he hasn't been
asked or doesn't like it :-)