[sane-devel] Gray frame with sane_control_option

Major A andras at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 24 11:34:57 BST 2003

> I'm developping a front end with GTK 1.2

Sounds good -- what are your goals? What can it do that xsane
etc. can't? Why not use GTK 2.x?

> with sane_get_parameters I always recieve SANE_FRAME_RGB (=1) format
> otherwise i set the option mode = 0

Some scanners don't support greyscale scanning. Therefore you'll
always get RGB images from the Coolscan2 backend, for example.

> Is there any solution or the scanner will always scan in RGB and the
> frontend should convert RGB to Black and white ?

It would be nice to have a conversion algorithm incorporated into the
frontend. It would only have to be activated when the scanner is
incapable of supplying greyscale data.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras at users.sourceforge.net