[sane-devel] Colorado 19200 recognised!

Alexis alexisc at tinyonline.co.uk
Sun May 25 14:42:12 BST 2003

Hi all, this is mostly informational

I have a Primax Colorado 19200 usb scanner.  I have at times experimented with
the kernel patch and "Viceo" backend provided by Stephen Ellis, but the
kernel has not recognised the scanner when using these.

I have however now tried the up to date kernel patch provided by Henning, and
at last the kernel can find the scanner and and sane-find-scanner correctly
reports it.  If I do scanimage -L however it just segfaults - not surprising
because the code for the kernel provided by Stephen is not being used
(applying one patch over the other fails some hunks).

Well it may be of use/interest or it might not - either way, thanks Henning!

Alexis