[sane-devel] Umax Astra 2200 SCSI/USB _second encounter_

blub blub at gmx.at
Mon May 26 15:07:20 BST 2003

On Mon, 26 May 2003 07:23:27 +0200, fsanta <fsanta at arrakis.es> wrote:

> On Sunday 25 May 2003 23:17, blub wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> now my scanner works, _but_ I can only make a full scan. As soon as I
>> make
>> a selection, the scanner starts, and it seems as if the systems freezes,
>> when the scanner reaches the selection to scan.
>>
>> One workaround .... scan the whole area, und cut in gimp .... :-)
>> Noooooooo
>>
>> Any idea whats going on with my scanner ??
>>
>> THX again
>>

> What did you do to make it work?  Are there any error messages? What scsi
> card do you use? What frontend are you using? Did you try my suggestion?

Oliver Rauch told me to disable "Quality calibration". Than the scanner
worked but only as far as I described above.
I am running on Gentoo Linux With kernel linux-2.4.20-gentoo-r5. I use a
Adaptec 2940U/UW SCSI Card. No errormessages, but now I will attache a the
debug message when scanning an selected area. I am using sane-backends
1.0.11 sane-frontends 1.0.10 xsane 0.90.

The xsane LOG can be viewed here:
http://pc6-iut.medizin.uni-halle.de/blub/log

THX for help

--