[sane-devel] Microtek SlimScan C3, output always a black image

Jose Sanchez joseos at okstate.edu
Tue May 27 07:22:12 BST 2003

Hi Karsten, thanks for the answer.

 >Hi Jose,
 >
 >which frontend did you use ( xsane, scanimage, xscanimage, kooka...)?
Did you
 >try another frontend and other modes (color, grayscale and lineart scans)?

I used xscanimage and xsane, and in the two of them I have teh same
problem. I tried all, color, grayscale and lineart and it outputs a
black image.

 >You may send me a logfile of a scan (please read the manpage
sane-microtek2
 >for instructions), there I can look for strange things.
 >By the way, is your C3 a parport or an USB scanner?

Ok, I will sent to you the log file although to the list I will sent
without it because it doesn't accept files longer then 40 KB.  My
scanner is a parport.

Thanks for the help.

Jose
PS: I tried as the example given in the man page:
scanimage -l0 -t0 -x100 -y20 2>scan2.log >sout.pnm
but the option -y20 give an error always so I took it out and used
scanimage -l0 -t0 -x100  2>scan2.log >sout.pnm