[sane-devel] sane and scanDoX fujitsu drivers

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Fri May 30 14:10:46 BST 2003

peter, i have the sp15c sitting here in a box. i have used it with both
the avision backend and the sp15c backend. they both work, but the sp15c
backend supports all of the resolutions and modes of the scanner, and
avision backend is a little more generic.

i have sent to the avision backend maintainer some data to help him
support the sp15c better. for now, i would use the sp15c backend.

also, i have the fi-4120c and fi-4220c, and find that they are much nicer
scanners than the 15c. they have usb and scsi, better variety of
resolutions, quieter, faster, smaller footprint. i would get the fi-4220c
instead, if you can afford it (and the flatbed is big enough for you).

there is a fujitsu refurbishing store on ebay that sells for cheaper than
retail, or i have had good luck with www.techdepot.com (low prices, fast
shipping, good service).

allan