[sane-devel] old Canon IX-30F

matthias beer matti at indienbuch.de
Thu Nov 6 17:40:42 GMT 2003

hello,
I`d like to use my canon scsi scanner under linux. (so far it does work under windows 3.0).
unfortunately I did not found any information about this scanner,  I dont know whether this is because it is a too old model or there where just a few of them build in 1993.
at least it is recognized by sane as a scanner and the scanning-light turns on with the command scanimage, but thats it.
so here is what happens with the command scanimage:

ohne:~ # scanimage -d canon:/dev/scanner lineart > analysis1.tif
scanimage: rounded value of br-x from -32768 to 0
scanimage: rounded value of br-y from -32768 to 0
ohne:~ #

the command takes around 5 seconds, the light switches on and that is all. and an empty tif file is created.

I use kernel 2.4.10 with glibc 2.2.4, and sane version 1.0.5.

scsi-installation seems to work fine:
ohne:~ # modprobe aha152x aha152x=0x140,12,7    (I use an isa passive scsi card, with adaptec AVA-1502)
ohne:~ #

ohne:~ # cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
Vendor: Model: ATAPI CDROM 52X Rev: 130R
Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
Vendor: AOPEN Model: CD-RW CRW2440 Rev: 2.02
Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
Vendor: CANON Model: IX-30F Rev: 1.01
Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 02

if you have any idea what might be the problem, please tell me.
thank you in advance,
matthias