[sane-devel] Umax Astra 1220S

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu Sep 4 10:09:58 BST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 08:28:03PM +0700, Bondan D. Abraham wrote:
> maybe that is the problem, i have not loaded the SCSI driver for the SCSI
> card. I don't know how. Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

I don't know which SCSI card you use. Usually, the SCSI driver for
your card will be loaded with the "modprobe" command, if you use
Linux. E.g. "modprobe aic7xxx" if you use an Adaptec 2940.

Quite a lot of scanners come with cheap cards with an NCR5380 chip. If
this is the case, try to use the g_NCR5380 driver. Google may help to
find the correct parameters.

I'm pretty sure there is some documentation about which SCSI cards
usually come with your scanner in the backend's documentation (man
page or website) but I haven't checked.