[sane-devel] how to compile scanadf

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:43:39 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:08:09AM +0200, Oliver Schirrmeister wrote:
> I have a directory where I've loaded the sane-sources from CVS (...../sane/).
> In that directory are the directories sane-backends and sane-frontends. I'm
> able to run scanadf (..../sane/sane-backends/frontends)

Do you mean scanimage?

> Now I'd like to run scanadf with my backend in the sane-backends directory.
>
> I did:
> cd ...../sane/sane-frontends/
> export SANE_CONFIG=../sane-backends/tools/sane-config
> because the configure tools told me to to that

That won't work. sane-config only knows where the sane libs will be
installed. It doesn't know the current directory for the
not-yet-installed libs. So you must either install the libs (e.g. in
/tmp/sane/ for testing) or modify sane-config manually.

If you install to non-standard dirs, you may need additional tricks
(something like CFLAGS="-L/some/strange/dir").

> How can I build scanadf?

Install the SANE libs first. If you don't want to overwrite your
default installation, use
./configure --prefix=/opt/some/strange/place

for sane-backends and
SANE_CONFIG=/opt/some/strange/place/bin/sane-confif ./configure

for sane-frontends. Completely untested ...