[sane-devel] Problem with Epson Perfection 2480 Photo

Jean-Christophe VIALLET j.viallet@free.fr
Sun, 05 Dec 2004 22:40:16 +0100

Thanks for your answer, I've upgraded to 1.0.15 (built from a Mandrake=20
source RPM)

Now I get the new followings outputs while plugging my scanner :

/etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Setup libusbscanner for USB product 4b8/121/110
/etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Module setup libusbscanner for USB product=20
4b8/121/110

My epson.conf file contains a single line
usb

and my snapscan.conf file :
firmware /mnt/win/windows/system/esfw41.bin
/dev/usb/scanner0 bus=3Dusb
# Epson Perfection
usb 0x04b8 0x0121

I've create the device file scanner0 under /dev/usb using the following,=20
even if I'm not sure it's necessary.
mknod /dev/usb/scanner0 c 180 48
chmod a+rw  /dev/usb/scanner0
chmod 666  /dev/usb/scanner0

But it stills doesn't work when I run xsane (I try with no parameters).

I really have no idea of what could be the problem.

Julien BLACHE a =E9crit :