[sane-devel] Some genesys logic backend questions...

Fri, 9 Jul 2004 18:12:15 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 09:18:06AM +0200, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
> I'm currently looking over the genesys logic backend and found that
> there are a lot of todo remarks inside. One of the is concerning the
> scanner_constanst structure, which is more or less the same like
> the Genesys_Model structure - is this correct?
> One comment there says - "move to model settings"

The original approach was the scanner_constants structure. As the
backend should support more than one scanner I added the more complete
Genesys_model structure. That structure is based on the gt68xx code.
So the idea is to move all scanner-dependent constants to
Genesys_model. Also these constants should be in a usable unit/format,
e.g. mm for the borders and not "points at some resolution". As I
haven't understand all the values of scanner_constants yet I haven't
moved them. The idea was to get it scanning first and then clean up
the code.