[sane-devel] saned + win32-xsane problem

Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:52:34 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 10:27:57AM -0700, Keith Clayton wrote:
> No seg fault on the saned end.  Its happily running, waiting to finish
> up.  Xsane itself remains responsive.

Ok. So you sent the logfile when both xsane and saned were still
running? In this case the log file looks ok. Can you please retry and
after the scan, close xsane? saned should also closes itsself. Thanks.

> I can open menus, quit the app,
> etc.  Not knowing the xsane code, does it start a child process to
> initiate scanning and maybe that process has crashed/hung?

As far as I know it doesn't start a child process. However, it uses
the gtk facilities to call the read function when data is available
(something like select(), I don't remember the gtk function name.
There has been trouble with that, but I think it looked differently
(freezes of the scan or cancel process).

> I'll look at the windows machine more.  I can do a tcpdump capture of the
> communication if that would be helpful.

If there is an error that causes the scanner not to be detected
anymore, I guess it must be visible in the saned or backend log. If
that fails, we can look at tcp logs later.