[sane-devel] genesys backend

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Fri Aug 19 19:44:24 UTC 2005

Zhixing Xue schrieb:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> thanks a lot for your work.
> I'm a owner of canon lide 35 scanner. I had got the experimental cvs and used your patch.
>
> With 'scanimage -L' I got:
>
> device `genesys:libusb:001:002' is a Canon LiDE 35/50 flatbed scanner
>
> But after first 'scanimage >image.pnm' both image.pnm and raw.pnm are black
> pics by me. And if I run 'scanimage >image.pnm' again, it stops there. I
> must unplug it and then plug it again, to get the black pic.
>
> I didn't enabled debug mode jet, if you want more details, I'm glad to help.
>
> xue

Hi Zhixing, hi list,

as explained in my last mail, only color mode works currently. No
calibration yet. And quite some bugs are still left. scanning with
'scanimage --mode Color > image.pnm' should work, and result in a
colored image.pnm and a (more or less) grey raw.pnm, divided in three
columns(one per color).

I am glad to see it working that well, i feared more stuck scanning
heads, as happens here sometimes.

Currently i am splitting the register initialization in movement and
optical parts. This will hopefully lead to a unified way to initialize
the scanner for normal scanning as well as for calibration and ease
integration of other scanners. I will send another patch when i am
finished with that.

Regards,
  Pierre