[sane-devel] Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sat Aug 20 17:36:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 03:19:11PM +0100, Jonathan Hipkiss wrote:
> Has anybody had any problems with scanning at 600 dpi. It scans fine
> until about 350mm and then it sits still. When the image comes out it
> looks OK up to 350mm length (full width) and then it's random noise in
> the pic, up to its full size (about the remaining 5%).

I can reproduce that. After about line 8000, the scan head stops.

> If I scan at 300dpi, everything is fine.

Gray mode 600 dpi also seems to work.

> But it ignores what I enter and only scans to about 150mm length and
> again I just get noise for the remainder 80%.

It looks like the internal counter for the scanlines overflows. If you
inncrease the top left y value, the start of the garbage decreases.
Strange.

At the moment, I don't know why this happens. The data sent to the
scanner for the setup of the scan window seems to be correct.

Can you check, if that also happens on Windows?

Unfortunately (?), my WIndows installation has died so I can't test
myself.