[sane-devel] Configuring a Mustek BearPaw 2400 Scanner

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:40:28 UTC 2005

> If you had already used that version when you wrote your first mail
> this would have been a really good trick (time machine?). I placed
> that version on the server after your mail was sent to sane-devel.

Oh.. okay :) Sorry about that.  I'll get hold of that :)

Thanks for pointing me at the Debian/Sane documentation.  I've read
through it and now find that Xsane and Quiteinsane will connect to my
scanner and produce an image file.  However, it's still distorted as
it was when I was testing with the command line.

Is it possible to tell the software to use other X and Y co-ordinates
so that my scanner doesn't produce iamges that are stretched
horizontally ?

                      [____________]

Also, only two thirds of the vertical A4 page is being scanned.
Changing the driver from ps2dfw2.usb to ps2dfw.usb has no effect.
More info below.....

*   Output of 'scanimage -L'
  device `gt68xx:libusb:002:008' is a Mustek BearPaw 2400 CU Plus
flatbed scanner

*   'xsane -v'
  xsane-0.97 (c) 1998-2005 Oliver Rauch
  Email: Oliver.Rauch at xsane.org
  package xsane-0.97
  compiled with GTK-2.6.1
  with GIMP support, compiled with GIMP-2.2.3
  XSane output formats: jpeg, png, pnm, ps, tiff, txt

*  List of available devices:
    gt68xx:libusb:002:008

*  'scanimage -d test -T'
scanimage: scanning image of size 157x196 pixels at 8 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring gray frame, 8 bits/sample
scanimage: reading one scanline, 157 bytes...   PASS
scanimage: reading one byte...          PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 2 bytes...     PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 4 bytes...     PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 8 bytes...     PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 16 bytes...    PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 32 bytes...    PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 64 bytes...    PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 128 bytes...   PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 256 bytes...   PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 255 bytes...   PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 127 bytes...   PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 63 bytes...    PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 31 bytes...    PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 15 bytes...    PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 7 bytes...     PASS
scanimage: stepped read, 3 bytes...     PASS

The machine that is connected to the scanner is not connected to the
internet and so it's makes life hard to update it.

Regards

--
Richard