[sane-devel] Epson 3490

Jim MacLeod j75trym at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 15:16:46 UTC 2005

I'm new to scanning and relatively new to Linux. Searched the web for info
and got the impression, which others confirmed, that generally anything
epson works with Linux, but maybe not the 3490! sane-find-scanner gets
vendor and product code but scanimage -L finds nothing.

Having now read a previous mail about the 4490 I'm guessing that the same
applies to the 3490, ie no go..are my fears justified?

Vuescan which does support the 3490 but I've got to learn more about usb
first before going down that road - or is there hope.
Jim