[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1250Photo doesn't work.

Slawomir Sejda vacuum@unix-secured.net
Thu Jul 14 07:43:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 14 July 2005 08:29, Slawomir Sejda wrote:
>> Hi, everybody
>>
>> I'd like to report the problem with Epson Perfection 1250 Photo and latest
>> CVS snapshot.
>> What's the problem. Scanner is detected by sane-find-scanner:
>>
>> [vacuum@d4rk5t4r~]%sane-find-scanner
>>
>>    # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
>>    # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
>>    # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.
>>
>>    # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
>>      that
>>    # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
>>
>> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x010f [EPSON Scanner
>> 010F], chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:001:006
>>    # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
>>      supported by
>>    # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
>>
>>    # Not checking for parallel port scanners.
>>
>>    # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary
>>      ports
>>    # can't be detected by this program.
>>
>>    # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
>>    # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
>>    # necessary.
>> [vacuum@d4rk5t4r~]%
>>
>> But can't be identified by scanimage:
>>
>> [vacuum@d4rk5t4r~]%scanimage -L
>>
>> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
>> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
>> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
>> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
>> [vacuum@d4rk5t4r~]%
>>
>> And finally the most important is that everything was okey before latest
>> changes in plustek backend. So I think something is wrong with that.
>>
> it's funny, because I'm currently scanning some pictures with the 1250
> and the plustek backend ;)
>
> Please try:
> export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=20 ; scanimage -L
>
> and send the output. If you got almost the same as without the export
> statement, then please check your dll.conf (should be in /etc/sane.d/ or
> /usr/local/etc)
>
> Ciao
> Gerhard

Hi

First of all thanx for this tip.

I have the same, look at the output:
.
.
.
[plustek] ---------------------
[plustek] usbDev_open(auto,) - 0x806c728
[plustek] sanei_access_lock failed: 11
[plustek] open failed: -1
[plustek] sane_get_devices (0xbfac54a8, 0)

[plustek] sane_exit

I think something is wrong here. I checked my dll.conf and plustek.conf
and everything is ok.
I dont know what is going on but when I compile stable or install
slackware package (doesn't matter) everything is ok and scanner works.
Even earlier CVS snapshot
worked fine. As I wrote I have this problem in CVS after latest changes in
plustek backend.

Regards, Slawek