[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE 25

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Mon Jul 18 09:59:44 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Monday 18 July 2005 09:18, Olaf Leidinger wrote:
> Hello!
> >
> > you should try:
> > configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
> >
> > as the "new" plustek backend uses the locking which is done
> > via /var/lock/sane (if configured correctly).
> >
> > Please try this and reinstall again.
> >

> Well, scanimage does find the scanner now, but it doesn't scan. When
> calling
>
> scanimage -v > out.pnm

:(

[SNIPSNAP]
> I get the attached output. The light doesn't turn on and nothing moves.
> The result is an black image.

of course - no light, no data ;)

> I still have to link the backends static, as in the dynamic case it
> doesn't find any scanner, even when setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> /usr/lib/sane (if this is not set, scanimage doesn't find the dynamic
> library of sane)

I guess, you have somewhere an old SANE installation - you should get rid
of that.

Back to the LiDE25:
If possible, setup a Windoze box and install the Canon drivers, also install
usbsnoopy and do a preview-scan. I'm pretty sure, that this output will give us
the correct settings for the lamp and the motor.

Ciao,
Gerhard

BTW: Where are you locted?