[sane-devel] Re: Canon LiDE 25 and Oct 2nd snapshot

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Oct 3 13:45:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 09:55:37PM +1000, Luke Kendall wrote:
>     # export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255
>     # scanimage -L
>     [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of plustek to 255.
>     [plustek] sane_init: sane-backends 1.0.5

You uase an extremely old version of sane-backends. Version 1.0.5 is
four years old.

> What is pt_drv?  How should I create that?  A Google search made me
> wonder if it's a kernel module that's necessary.  I don't have it.
> (I'm running 2.4.28)

It's only for parallel port devices. Ignore that.

> Oh.  Shouldn't these dependencies appear in the backend/Makefile along
> with the others?

They should but we would need an automatic dependency mechanism for
that and that hasn't been done sofar. Some discussion about this can
be found in the sane-devel archive.