[sane-devel] Re: [ANN] unpaper 1.1 update

Jens Gulden mail at jensgulden.de
Thu Oct 6 20:42:04 UTC 2005

Hello Janusz,

you wrote:
> input and output files processed with `unpaper --layout double'

I guess you used '--layout double-rotated'? This is the setting with which I get the same results as
you.
Yes, there is a bug in the 'double-rotated' template. It has got broken in version 1.1, because the
handling of sheet-sizes and page-sizes has changed a lot while making 1.1, which now confuses the
'double-rotated' template. Thanks for noting this.

As a workaround, try adding '--sheet-size a4-landscape', this forces the sheet size to be correct in
the end.

If you need to preserve the exact pixel-size of the images, '--sheet-size 3516,2560' would be the
workaround to do that, but please get a recent CVS version of unpaper.c and compile it to do this,
because there is another minor bug in the 1.1 release which makes unpaper fail to parse simple pixel
values in size-parameters (only the more complicated case with measurement-suffices like
'12.34cm,23.45cm' works in the current 1.1 release). This is just a tiny bug already fixed in CVS.

(Btw., you may also want to add something like '--border 0,100,0,0 --border-align top
--border-margin 1.75cm' to get nicer results.)

...finally, let me apologize for the late answer. I have been moving to a new home in the past
weeks, so I didn't have time for this.

hth
Jens