[sane-devel] help offer to support Canon 9950F

Breacher breacher at telenet.be
Tue Oct 11 17:02:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

I subscribed to this list on Henning Meier-Geinitz' suggestion. I am the owner
of a Canon CanoScan 9950F scanner, which i would like very much to be usable
exclusively with (X)sane. It's an awesome scanner, 4800 dpi on hardware
alone, with racks to scan an entire photo film, or 16 slides at once, ...

For the genesys backend to support it without a developer to own such a
device, i am willing to test stuff that a developer writes blindly and report
how it works out. I'm ready to make online sessions with the developer with a
ssh account on my Debian box. I will say on IRC what happens with the scanner
as the developer tests it.

So please, who is working on the genesys backend at the moment contact me to
further this project. I believe supporting big scanners would bring even more
credibility to Sane.

Thanks

Breacher