[sane-devel] UMAX Astra 1200S-C SCSI Scanner on Mac 10.2.8

Mattias Ellert mattias.ellert at tsl.uu.se
Fri Oct 14 08:12:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 21:29 -0700, J.J.Sroka wrote:
> TOPIC:  UMAX Astra 1200S-C on Mac OS 10.2.8
>
> Scanner:  UMAX Astra 1200S-C, v. 2.9 firmware.
>
> OS:  Macintosh OS 10.2.8
>
> I downloaded the following binary packages from Mattias Ellert's web
> site on October 8.
>
> libusb.pkg v. 0.1.11
> sane-backends.pkg v. 1.0.16
> TWAIN-SANE-Interface.pkg v. 1.4
>
> I followed these installation instruction's from Ellert's web page:
>
> To use the interface you only have to install the binary package.
> Before installing the TWAIN SANE Interface package you should install
> the sane-backends and the libusb binary packages.
>

> When first running scanimage, the scanner head move a few centimeters
> and then stopped.

Hi!

What is the output of "sane-find-scanner" and "scanimage -L"?

From the log, it looks like you are talking to the LUN=7 device - the
last sane-open call before the failure is:

[umax] sane_open: devicename=u4t4l7

(i.e. unit 4, target 4, lun 7)

The log says that the config file contains the line "scsi UMAX *
Scanner":

[umax] sanei_config_attach_matching_devices(scsi UMAX * Scanner)

Try changing this to "scsi UMAX * Scanner * * * 0" in order to only
detect LUN=0 devices.

	Mattias