[sane-devel] sane_control_option question

Oliver Rauch Oliver.Rauch at Rauch-Domain.DE
Mon Oct 17 20:25:49 UTC 2005

Am Mon, 2005-10-17 um 19.58 schrieb Henning Meier-Geinitz:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 06:15:24PM -0400, Fred Odendaal wrote:
> > Yes, I'm also quite surprised. It works fine with xscanimage, but
> > doesn't when I use xsane. So I compared the debug output.
>
> Strange. Maybe Oliver Rauch can comment on this?

XSane tries to care about x-resolution, y-resolution and common
resolution options. When the backend tries to automaitcally set
y-resolution when x-resolution was changed this can interfere with the
xsane functions and it also is no good idea.

When the backend wants to make available a common resolution and
separate x- and y- resolution options then it should create three
resolutions options and on selection which of these are enabled:

resolution (range or list)
x-resolution (range or list)
y-resolution (range or list)
bind-resolution (boolean: enabled or disabled)

with bind-resolution enabled only resolution is enabled and defines
x- and y-resolution

with bind-resolution disabled only x-resolution and y-resolution is
enabled.

Oliver