[sane-devel] Re: Re: iscan-1.17.0

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Oct 18 00:27:16 UTC 2005

Jim MacLeod <j75trym at blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>
>> You really should install the development package for GTK+ 2.0.
>> The check for imlibgdk is for the (some time soon to be
>> deprecated?) GTK+ 1.2 support.
>>
>> On RPM based systems you're probably looking for gtk2-devel, on
>> Debian based systems for libgtk2-dev.
>
> Installed libgtk2-dev, completed make and checkinstall but have a
> problem with iscan. However, if I can resolve my question above I'd
> be happy to use scanimage/xsane or kooka and learn how to get them
> working properly.

Don't know what problem you have with iscan, but it could be related
to the fact that you have SANE installations in /usr and /usr/local.
You should probably ./configure iscan to use the right --prefix or
play with LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, LAN
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/