[sane-devel] SuSE 9.3, HP PSC 1510 won't scan?

Franz Brandner franz.brandner at web.de
Sat Oct 29 13:26:23 UTC 2005

Priniting works perfectly with HP's PSC 1510 using HPLIP and HPLIP-HPIJS after
I got the appropriate PPD, but it won't scan. Trying to install the device as
a scanner with YaST it is listed as "USB scanner, vendor HP, PSC 1500
series", as there is no entry for it then in the list of known devices I
selected "HP - Most Multifunction devices, driver HPAIO" (as recommended),
result: the driver is running, but there is no active scanner. With HPOJ  and
the driver for the PSC 1300 series (similar model, HP said) the result was
the same. The command "sane-find-scanner" also tells me that it should work,
"sanimage -L" finds nothing. I ran all these commands as ordinary user and
root as well. "/sbin/lsusb" lists it as "Bus 001 Device 004: ID ...   ;   Bus
001 Device 001: no ID" by the way. Maybe someone knows what I could do to get
this model to scan? I hope, I do not have to manually create it as mentioned
on www.xs4all.nl, or would that be a possible way at all? As I am not yet
very familiar with Linux, especially not with consoles and terminals, I would
be thankful for any help that is as easy to follow and understand as
possible. Any little piece of advice could probably help me. Well, thanks for
reading this and have a nice day!