[sane-devel] Support for Epson All-in-one

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Fri Sep 30 20:35:34 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 01:17:14PM -0700, Russbucket wrote:
> On Friday 30 September 2005 09:13 am, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 07:49:24AM -0700, Russbucket wrote:
> > > I just updated SANE to version 1.0.15-21 on SuSE 9.1.
> >
> > That's quite old. 1.0.16 is the current stable version. Which version
> > did you use before? Have you updated only SANE or also other packages?
> I down loaded the latest YaST showed available for SuSE 9.1. No other
> packages.

This only means that SuSE hasn't made current packages. Anyway,
you don't seem to use the sane-backends distribution but IScan/epkowa
so the sane version doesn't matter. So I'm surprised that SANE should
have any influence on yast behaviour.

> I have been using epkowa and Iscan since I wasunable initally to get the
> scanner configured as epson.

So it's not related to sane-backends.

> > Is it found by sane-find-scanner? If yes, is it found by "scanimage -L"?
> sane-find-scanner: YES
>   found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0813 [USB2.0 MFP]) at
> libusb:001:003
>   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
> by
>   # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
>
> scanimage: YES
>   device `epkowa:libusb:001:003' is a Epson Stylus CX6500/CX6600 flatbed
> scanner

So there is also no problem with detection of that scanner.

> As I said the only place I seem to have a problem is with YaSt hardware
> configure manually. No vendors show up even one that exist in the

As SANE seems to work, why do you want to fiddle with yast at all?
SANE doesn't need yast. If you still want to get yast detection
working, I guess SuSE support or mailing lists are better suited for
that as it's not really related to sane.

> Thanks for your help. Is there an Epson backend for this All-in-one?

As I said in my last mail, your scanner is not in the list of
supported devices. However, when I grep the source code of the epson
backen, it is mentioned there. This can only be answered by the epson
backend maintainer, I guess.