[sane-devel] sane SCSI 32bit emulation on 64bit

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Wed Jan 11 21:34:51 UTC 2006

Dear Mr. Kuhlmann,
I do not know about your scanner, but scanners do usually not cause
performance issues on the SCSI-bus. I would expect that the effect of this is
more than neglible - you wouldn't feel it. We still use that sparc linux
system with a SCSI scanner, and I have not noticed any impact.
Our system is 2x360MHz sparc, your talking about some 64Bit 2GHz Athlon
machine (or something similar I assume). I would suggest: don't care about
performance.

Take care

Dieter Jurzitza
Am Dienstag, 10. Januar 2006 02:18 schrieb Volker Kuhlmann:
> On Tue 10 Jan 2006 06:58:20 NZDT +1300, abel deuring wrote:
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2006-January/015886.h
> >tml
>
> Thanks for this link, my ISP routed that particular email to /dev/null.
****

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)