[sane-devel] usbsnoop2libusb.pl problem

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com
Sat Jan 28 08:21:13 UTC 2006

Hello,

i decided to have a look what might be needed to get my MD 90070 running with
sane. But i'm stuck at the very first steps.

according to http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/develop.html i followed the
link of USB Snoopy which gave me sniffusb-0.13.zip in the end. Also i
downloaded usbsnoop2libusb.pl mentioned on Hennings page.

After doing some logfile, i started feeding the first logfile to the
usbsnoop2libusb.pl (what is the correct command line for this?), but i get
lots of errors and no real C code. The error are:
- Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at /home/sle/bin/
usbsnoop2libusb.pl line 58, <> line 42
- Use of uninitialized value in hex at /home/sle/bin/usbsnoop2libusb.pl line
165, <> line 1615
- Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /home/sle/bin/
usbsnoop2libusb.pl line 171, <> line 1615
- Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /home/sle/bin/
usbsnoop2libusb.pl line 173, <> line 1615
- can't find ""

i get the first error many times with different line numbers at the end. The
incomplete C code looks like,

ret = usb_get_descriptor(devh, 0x1, 0x0, buf, 0x0000012
00000012        0.00466763      );

Without knowing what usb_get_descriptor does, there are at least missing some
commas.

I have also downloaded SnoopyPro, but its output is in an binary format and i
thing this is not the right format for usbsnoop2libusb.pl.

So my question is what are the right tools to spy the usb communation and for
processing the logfiles?

Bye Stefan