[sane-devel] First available backend for hp3900 series (unstable)

JKD jkdsoft at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 01:28:26 UTC 2006

El Sat, 16 de Sep de 2006, a las 10:18:41PM +0200, Julien BLACHE dijo:
> For your information, I've just added the hp3900 backend to the
> libsane-extras package in Debian.

It's OK :)

I'm working to improve code stability. I think that future version of
hp3900 backend (0.7) can be included into SANE project.

> Hope it'll get some more testing this way :)

Current version works well with hp scanjet 3970 and scanjet 4070 photosmart.
(without calibration) But hp 4370 returns a black image so may be many users
will report that issue. If next version of hp3900 doesn't resolve it, I'll
comment such device in hp3900.conf.

I'm waiting to receive a hp4370 device which I've bought in HP site to test
backend by myself and to debug its driver.

Jonathan Bravo Lopez