[sane-devel] Re: Problem Scanning with Epson RX520

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Sep 26 23:45:50 UTC 2006

"Paul Smedley" <paulat at smedleydot.info> writes:

> Hi Olaf,
>
> On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 00:28:16 UTC, Olaf Meeuwissen
> <olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp> wrote:
>
>> "Paul Smedley" <paulat at smedleydot.info> writes:
>>
>> > Hi Guys,
>> >
>> > I got a report from a user of the OS/2 version of Sane that the Epson
>> > RX520 isn't working.  Debug log is at http://smedley.ingo/debug.txt
>>
>> FWIW, the epson backend doesn't claim it's supported in any way.  The
>> epkowa backend does.
> Yep - epkowa backend did it for the user....

Good to know.  So the epkowa backend also works on OS/2.

Looks like some of the changes in the epkowa backend need backporting
to the epson backend.  Unfortunately, I don't really have time at the
moment :-(

>> # Is that URL valid?  Looks like my DNS server doesn't know about
>> # smedley.ingo ...
> Slip of the fingers - should have been http://smedley.info/debug.txt

Had a quick look already but need to get my hands on an RX520 (got one
at home, so that's not the problem) and start digging but there's the
time thingy ...

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/