[sane-devel] neatreceipts scanner

Understudy understudy at understudy.net
Thu Aug 2 21:14:41 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am running FreeBSD 6.2 Stable on a T41 (Thinkpad).
I have a Neatreceipts scanner.
http://www.amazon.com/NeatReceipts-Scanalizer-Professional-Combination-Organization/dp/B000BBCKOC

I am not sure if anyone has used this in FreeBSD or if it even has a
driver. I did not see it listed in SANE. But I am not sure if there is
another brand name for it besides Neatreceipts.

Here is what I see when I plug it in then unplug it.
ugen0: vendor 0x07b3 600dpi USB Scanner, rev 1.10/5.01, addr 2
ugen0: at uhub1 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
All threads purged from ugen0.2
All threads purged from ugen0.1
All threads purged from ugen0
ugen0: detached

My understanding was if the driver was recognized it would show as
/dev/uscanner0.

Here are the results of a SANE run:
Gargoyle# sane-find-scanner -q
found USB scanner (vendor=0x07b3, product=0x0412 [600dpi USB Scanner],
chip=GT-6816) at libusb:/dev/usb1:/dev/ugen0
Gargoyle# scanimage -L
device `gt68xx:libusb:/dev/usb1:/dev/ugen0' is a Plustek OpticSlim M12
flatbed scanner

So it looks like the the Neatreceipts may be the same as the Plustek.
But I am not sure if I am reading that correctly.

What would a good next step be?

Sincerely,
Brendhan