[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE30 problem

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Mon Dec 3 21:20:44 UTC 2007

Am Montag, 3. Dezember 2007 11:08:15 schrieb Johannes Ranke:
> Hi,
>
> My Canoscan LiDE30 used to work nicely under Debian unstable for more
> than a year. Since about half a year it makes problems: If I scan from a
> frontend like quiteinsane, I can select the device  (I am using libusb),
> and the frontend pretends to scan, but the scanner does nothing, so I
> end up with a black image. The scanner works under Windows. Last week,
> after I tested under Windows, it worked under Linux, too.

This is a know issue and relatet to the suspend feature on the kernel
you are using, disable the CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND kernel config option and
recompile the kernel.

Thought this has been fixed in more recent versions. Maybe there
are some motr better ideas around - or check this list for USB_SUSPEND...

HTH
Gerhard