[sane-devel] HP LaserJet M1005 sane backend

Couriousous couriousous at mandriva.org
Fri Jul 6 20:49:53 UTC 2007

Le mercredi 13 juin 2007, Rolf Leggewie a écrit :
> Couriousous wrote:
> > According to the "release early, release often" here is a half-working
> > sane backend for the HP LasetJet M1005 MFP.
>
> Cool.  I think the best idea might be to attach your work to the bug
> tracker.  Things tend to get lost and forgotten in mailing lists.

Done:
http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=304559&group_id=30186&atid=410366

Fixed bugs:
- Mode selection
- Device is put in "Ready" mode after scan.

What's working:
- Scanning in grey or color mode at: 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 600 and 1200 DPI.
(same as windows driver)
- Setting brightness and contrast (same as windows driver)

What's not working:
- Selecting scan area.

The scan area selection is really low on my "todo" list since the backend is
fully useable without it. So don't expect something soon. The only thing
missing to support this feature is a formula that will convert mm/inch
in "Scanner" unit. And scanner unit into line count and line width.

Regards,
Couriousous