[sane-devel] Dust removal software?

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Tue Jul 24 08:40:02 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 00:34:33 Milan Zamazal wrote:
> Is there free software that can be used together with the infrared data
> produced by the coolscan2 backend to remove dust and scratches from the
> scanned pictures?  I could find a `duster' utility in an old version of
> the coolscan2 backend and some old GIMP plugin.  Is there anything else
> available?

I'll soon implement this in ExactImage, a GPL, C++ image processing library
I started some time ago:

  http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/

It already does a variety of other things already, though.

Patches welcome.

Yours,

  Geschäftsführer: Susanne Klaus, René Rebe
  Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 105 123 B
  USt-IdNr.: DE251602478