[sane-devel] Avision scanimage & image quality

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Wed Jul 25 13:10:08 UTC 2007

Rene,

 Since dropping the "mode --Dithered" from my scanimage command the quality has improved somewhat.  However, when I print the document it does not look anywhere near as good as it did when viewed with $:display document.tiff.  Will optimize2bw help this?  Or do I have a printing quality issue?

 Thanks for the help thus far.

 Richard

René Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote: On Tuesday 24 July 2007 18:29:12 Richard Reina wrote:
> I have an Avision AV210 that I use to scan in documents with the scanimage command:
>
> scanimage --mode Dithered --resolution 200 --format tiff > file_name
>
> Can anyone recommend syntax to darken the document it and make it more clear?

All color tuning, including brightness, contrast and gamma also work in the
Dithered mode (in the Avision backend). Btw. Why do you use dithered at all?

If you want automatic thresholding you can scan in Gray (or Color) and use
optimize2bw from ExactImage:

  http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/econvert/
  http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/utilities/

Yours,

  Geschäftsführer: Susanne Klaus, René Rebe
  Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 105 123 B
  USt-IdNr.: DE251602478

sane-devel mailing list: sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
             to sane-devel-request at lists.alioth.debian.org

Your beliefs become your thoughts.  Your thoughts become your words.  Your words become your actions.  Your actions become your habits.  Your habits become your values.  Your values become your destiny.  -- Mahatma Gandhi