[sane-devel] Sane Doesn't work for me.

Robert Wessling robertwessling at verizon.net
Sat Jul 28 19:04:50 UTC 2007

Hello,

    I received this email from Oliver Rauch.

Hello Robert,

to start xsane call xsane without options.
When xsane does not find a device then please contact the sane-devel
mailing list on http://www.sane-project.org or the author of the backend
that should support your scanner.

Best regards
Oliver

	I did as he suggests and nothing happened.  I did it bot a me
and as root.

I have gathered the information below and hope someone can help me
use my HP Officejet 4215's scanning function. I can use the scanning
function when I switch from Fedora Linux to Windows XP. There is a
scan button on my Officejet 4215.  When I press it, the message on the LCD
display says to install the scanning software.  Under Windows XP2, because I used the cd supplied by HP to setup my printer, there is a desktop item labeled HP Director.  When I click in that I can select and use the scan function.  So, O kow the printer hardware works under Windows XP.  However, I want to stop using Windows and regain all the resources it ties up.
Attached is a file with all the information I have gathered trying to my make my Officejet 4215 work under Feodora Redhat Linux.

	Boob Wessling