[sane-devel] Front panel buttons.

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Fri May 11 14:21:42 UTC 2007

Hi Erik,

On Thursday 10 May 2007 23:14:17 Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> I own an HP 7450 and would like to know how the front panel buttons are
> supported in sane.

All the other Avision based scanner buttons are supported, only the extended
HP7400 ones not. I accidently once got a tiny (confidential) snipplet of docu for
them (oh I probably should not even write that in public :-), but and/or the
few bitsets should be easy to log from the usb traffic anyway.

I already use a text script for such messages, as the new Avision (and OEM)
devices have an profile 7-segment LED to choose a workflow from the device
and the 74xx could add the selected attributes in that message string just fine.

Yes, I have such a device here, but I'm already loaded at about 200%++
if someone would want to implement this few button bit parsing I would
be very happy.

Yours,