[sane-devel] SANE 1.1.0 Release discussion

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Wed May 7 09:52:33 UTC 2008

On Wed, 07 May 2008 11:48:18 +0200
Étienne Bersac <bersace03 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please avoid using paper name and rather keep using paper lengths and
> let frontend use papernames on top of that. This allow frontend to use
> custom paper sizes (without specifying top left corner coordinate) or i
> will end up with three way of specifying ROI : coordinates, paper
> lengths and papername. Do we actually need to complicate things this
> way ?

 absolutely not. the papername will be limited to the frontend. I was thinking
 about having an option to let the backend select/suggest an appropriate
 paper size.

 I already hate the fact the sane can have multiple units for the same option,
 you bet I will not be adding more confusion! :)

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy